GLU (Ground and Data Loading Unit)
The GLU unit is a ruggedized laptop designed for the Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft, which allows the loading and exchange of data through its connection to the different equipment on board the aircraft. It is an equipment designed and qualified for the most extreme military conditions of operation.
- The GLU unit allows to implement a variety of data bus standards, such as STANAG 3910 (EFABUS) or MIL-STD-1553 (STANAG 3838), increasing its interoperability capacity.
- Fully shielded from electromagnetic radiation and adverse weather conditions (sealing level equivalent to IP66), allowing operation outdoors without interference to / from other equipment.
- The unit incorporates bus analysis capability to monitor communications between different aircraft equipment, allowing to isolate faults.
- The latest generation (GLU-X) incorporates the data download functionality for the FLIR data recorder
- Controls and continuously monitors temperature
To date, Tecnobit (Grupo Oesía) has produced more than 250 units of the previous version of the GLU for the Eurofighter aircraft.
The GLU-X (latest generation GLU) has been deployed since 2012 for the Spanish Air Force, with more than 30 GLU-X units for the Spanish Air Force, P3E upgrade program, Saudi Air Forces Saudi and Oman.